Our Ingredients Philosophy
1. Whenever available, and financially viable, to use whole plants and materials from plants (such as oils and butters) that have been grown organically and sustainably.
2. To use wild plants and materials from wild plants only from sustainable habitats and non-endangered species or habitats (wild crafted).
3. As far as possible to select fairly traded ingredients.
4. To ensure we use only GM-free plants and derivatives.
5. To avoid harmful and questionable synthetic chemicals.
6. To use no ingredients or materials that have been tested on animals.
7. To make small batches frequently rather than hold large stocks for longer periods. This ensures our customers receive our products as fresh as possible.
8. To prepare our products with an attitude of respect, care and gratitude.
9. To ensure all packaging is from environmentally-friendly, recyclable materials.
10. To use paper only from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) accredited sources, and encourage the sustainable management of the world's forests.
11. To choose power companies who invest in renewable energy sources, such as, in the Netherlands, Green Choice. Also banks with good track records in ethical investment, such as Triodos, ASN and The Cooperative Bank.
12. To avoid buying from or supporting companies, organisations or individuals known by us to be directly or indirectly engaged in ecocide on any scale.
13. To constantly strive to ensure our business is ethical by making choices that help protect our planet and its ecosystems and avoid exploitation of suppliers in poorer countries.
14. To make regular contributions to campaigns for action on environmental issues.
15. To support freedom of informed choice in health and wellness matters.
16. To share our passion for and knowledge of nature, health and wellness.